Friday, August 8, 2008

LEAP FOR THE LIGER


My only exercise this summer was a fun run I did with some of my friends! The sister ward here in Columbus does this race each year to raise funds for YM/YW's. It is only about 2 blocks from our house to the river where the race was held -- and we got this sweet shirt for entering/donating to the cause. Isn't every race just about collecting shirts? really, I don't even care what they look like -- it just feels good to look in my closet while eating my cookie and think, "I've collected so many shirts from races, I must be in shape!" :)
L2R: Amber Carolee Me Joy
I've posted this before -- but I love training with friends. Not only do you get good exercise, you get to talk uninterrupted by kids for as long as you can run!

The starting line and me finishing pictures...
The only pat on the back I could get after my lame 25 + minute 5K was that I was 16 weeks prego. If any of you need ward fundraisers -- try organizing a fun run! It was great!

9 comments:

Aleisha said...

How fun. I love exercising with friends. You look soooo great!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, AnnDee! There's no shame in 8-and-change minute miles, particularly when you're in your 2nd trimester. :)

I totally agree on the shirt collecting. I have a nice fat stack telling me I used to be a runner. Heheh.

Angie said...

I'm waiting to see a picture where you actually look pregnant! I'm so impressed!

Kirsten said...

Ha. I am still waiting to collect more than 1 shirt that says I am a runner! It'll probably take me my whole life to get three! ;-) You guys are amazing and inspiring to everyone. Way to go! Next year, I plan on doing this if we are in town!

allison nadauld said...

Uh, I don't think that a 25 minute 5K run is lame at all, even if you're not pregnant. And I'd have those t-shirts plastered all over my pregnant belly if I were you, running times, and award ribbons included! Way to go AnnDee!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Were you really 16 weeks then? Maybe if we can not be pregnant at opposite times we can actually run together now that I am able to do that some! I'm still planning on this little guy coming early so we can play ball in Feb.

Jessica F. said...

I am jealous of all runners. I try. I must just be mentally weak or something because I cannot run more than 2 or 3 miles!!!!

MeganRuth said...

I love the shirt, and planning a race isn't too bad. We planned one for my school to earn money for books, and it was good times had by all! Congrats on the prego- hope you and Taylor are doing fabulous!

Vanes said...

You GO Annd!! I'm always impressed!! The day I have a shirt from any race (even one around the block) will be a great day!!
*How's the pregnancy? You hanging in there?