We made some pretty amazing friends in Ohio while we were there. I love that they all get together (the girls at least) once a year. This year, the retreat was in St. George. Kirsten was the "official" photographer, but I took just a couple shots. When she gets all the other pictures out, I'll add more.
We went on a SUPER fun hike right south of Cedar called Kanaraville Falls. It had some slot canyons and beautiful scenery and we got to walk through the water for part of the hike. SUPER pretty and fun and refreshing.
Angie was one of my besties in Ohio.. She babysat my boys while I worked and I just loved to hang out with her and their family whenever we could. She lives in NC now and I haven't seen her in 5 years. They were trying to come out to NYC while we were there, but deaths in the family muffed up the plans. So, I was SUPER excited to see this lady and catch up.
During the hike there was a water slide that a few of us ladies braved. I have the footage to prove it.
Jeannette Bowen has always been the wise woman of the group and she is first to hit the dreaded 40 this year. She hates vegetables so in addition to the traditional candy bar sign, we made her a veggie sign. It turned out so fun. :)
The weather was perfect and warm and we even had one night of a sprinkle so that this lovely rainbow could remind us all about what is important in this life. I sure think good friends are definitely high up on the list!
No comments:
Post a Comment