I mean look at these cuties... who wouldn't be grateful to be their mama?
Mother's day was absolutely beautiful here in the city and we took our morning walk in the park before church...
Taylor was working in India, so the boys and I just had a lot of time together. Usually, that would make me exhausted, and put me in a bad mood... but it was really fun to be with my boys.
Taylor prepped them all before he left that they had to be extra helpful to me while he was gone. He was so thoughtful even though he was on the other side of the earth. The boys were great. Mother's day started with them making me breakfast in bed. I loved our walk in the park and then opening all their cute handmade gifts from school and church made me smile.
I documented all my deep mother's day feelings in my journal, but the gist of it was that it is such a trial for me to be a "good" mom. And it is through our trials that we become refined and strengthened. Without these cute boys, I would never learn patience, love, humility, selfless service and many other necessary traits to become more like my Savior. Although it's not all roses all the time (usually just thorny), this opportunity to be a mom is one of my greatest blessings. I am so far from perfect, and fortunately I have some amazing and forgiving boys that help me to learn and grow. I hope they don't give up on me... EVER! Happy mother's day!




1 comment:
I am loving all your fun updates! So fun to see what you guys are up to! I just had to tell you your thoughts on motherhood brought me to tears and had to thank you for the wonderful reminder. So thank you! Hope you enjoy your last little while in New York! Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment