
Of course we hit the ground running with all our shopping and projects I had for her to help me with. The time flew by!

The boys enjoyed showing Grandma their school, going to COSI (and seeing the new Sesame Street exhibit), and really loved that Grandma treated us to Chuck E. Cheese - the highlight of course. Jake was pretty set on decorating "Turkey Hand" cookies with grandma -- they actually turned out a lot cuter than they look here.

Here is a picture of my mom helping me make a going away gift for Jake and Ali Crockett. Jake was a great little helper - and enjoyed the cutting and sewing with a front row seat! Thanks mom for making this week (that I was dreading) into something I looked forward to and enjoyed! I loved staying up late chatting about all the things going on in my life and listening to your wise advise. Even though we live far apart -- I kind of like that you have to come and stay 100% with us when you come. They are special visits and we all were sad to see you go!
The going away gift is because we just found out last week that our great friends, the Crocketts, are moving. Jake Crockett was offered a fantastic job in Utah and they are leaving next week to get there and find a place to live before he starts in January.
Even though they are moving to Utah and we will most likely see them more there than if they were staying here long term, it is so hard to say goodbye. Little Lukie won't have his best buddy Noah anymore and Jake just for the life of him can't understand why everyone is moving out and no one is moving in.
I will miss Ali's stable-ness. That doesn't sound like a real compliment, but it is. Taylor really appreciates my friends that are just grounded and rational. He worries I get too uptight about things and likes when I have "no drama" influences around me. Ali is a great cook, entertainer, and homemaker. She is yet another friend whose house is always immaculate (you'd think with all these organized friends, I'd pick up a few habits). I can ask her for anything and she is always willing. Jake Crockett, or Big Jake as our kids refer to him (to eliminate confusion between our Jacob and him), will also be missed. It's not easy to find a couple that both wives and husbands enjoy equally, and this is the Crocketts for us! They will definitely be missed by us and all the people they've touched here in Columbus.
7 comments:
That is so fun to have your Mom come and visit you!!! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for the wonderful comment on my post. It is exactly what I wanted to hear. You are such a great friend. Thank you.
Are you kidding! You look great at 30 weeks. I am so excited for another Nadauld boy! That will be wonderful. Love you all so much Ann Dee. What are your plans after school?
Oh yeah, and what fun to have grandparents visit.
Don't you just love moms -- when my mom comes it's so fun and my girls just love her.
So fun to have your mom out! You look great by the way. Only a few more weeks to go!
i love your mom. so glad that she came out. i need to hear about the interviews!
Hey Drew... I think we all can't wait to not be pregnant anymore and I haven't taken as many pics either! I too am sad about lots of friends moving but so glad to go out and do the student thing with friends! I hope interviewing goes well and the right thing works! It is such a hard thing to go through, but exciting too... so have fun with everything going on and now with this number three do you have to buy a new home and a new minivan all in five months??? so it goes... you are great and lots of love, love lou
Post a Comment