I am grateful I live in a free country. I am hoping that the majority vote won't lead us astray. I have high hopes for Obama running this nation, and although I had reservations -- I am grateful for the democracy we live in and will pray diligently that we can move in a better direction with him in leadership. What an amazing day for our country to have him named as the next president. We are presently living and bettering our history!Some funny saying from Jake on the elections:
Jake - "who did you vote for mom?"
me -- "McCain"
Jake -- "really? but Barack Obama speaks so well."
It's true -- I do hope his charisma and presence will help in our international
relationships.
another:
Jake - "after Obama is president, will Senator McCain be president?"
Taylor - "no. After Obama is president for 4 years we will all vote again. So, when you are 8 years old, we will vote again on president."
Jake - "well, I don't know what to do. I really want to vote, but I want to get baptized too."
We just laughed at that. I think Jake thinks getting baptized is going to take his whole 8th year of life! :) I also didn't want to disappoint him and tell him he doesn't get to vote anyway. So cute.
2 comments:
thanks for the jake quotes! he is sooo cute!
I love it - a politician in the making --
Post a Comment