Sunday, September 21, 2008

Grammie and Grampie come to Visit!

There is NOTHING my boys like better than to get a visit from grandmas and grandpas. Anytime they talk to either side of our families on the phone, the first thing they ask is, "when are you coming to our house?"


We filled our weekend with as much as we could. Soccer Games, apple picking, rugby movies, and OSU football, women's conference and lots more just hanging around, eating and talking. It was so great to have Grammie and Grampie all to ourselves for a few days.


Lynd Farms was great -- there were sooo many apples and they were YUMMY. look how many are on the ground, it took about 5 minutes to fill a 20 pound bag. Much better than strawberry picking. :)


Jake and Luke loved that the trees were small enough to pick the apples themselves. This apple Jake had was almost as big as his face.

Taylor using any second he can to pick his dad's brain about school, work and his views on ANYTHING that Taylor can think of.

The game was great fun. It's so amazing to be in the Horse Shoe (the name of the buckeye's stadium). It holds over 105,000 people. The band is the highlight for us women, but even Taylor and his dad were impressed. I am glad they got to experience true FAN'sm here in the Buckeye state. It is pretty amazing.

NOTE: prego belly week 24. not a great picture -- I just look fat. :)


As we were leaving the airport from dropping off Steve and Margaret, Luke asked when they were coming back. I said, "we will have to wait and see, but at least we will see them at Christmas." He said, "It's just so hard to wait." I definitely agree with that statement.

8 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Visits from grandparents seem fun. I don't really remember it has been so long since my parents came to visit. Poor me :) They must love you guys more than my parents love me ;)

Our Family said...

Granparent visits are the best. You and Taylor have such great parents. I even got excited when they visited! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Kelly said...

We are just so happy for your next little arrival by the way. What are your upcoming plans in Ohio?

We are almost done with school here (hallelujah!) and hope to stay in DC working for the government. Not home to Zion yet I guess.

Tell Taylor hi for us and looks like you had fun with Grandparents.

Dana said...

How fun that they got to come and visit. Looks like you had a great time!

allison nadauld said...

I love all the updates and what a fun visit from Margaret and Steve. You don't look fat in the picture Miss Skinny. Will we get to see each other at Christmas? We will be there on the 26th. Hope you're feeling better.

Annie said...

wow! you've posted a lot since I last checked. you've been busy! i love your boys. they are just too cute. and I am excited that you are having another boy. as freshmen year...bj is in the same boat. he would relive it any day of the week. what a fun trip.

Aleisha said...

How fun for you guys. I just read a really neat article about your Mother in Law in the Spectrum. She sounds like an amazing person. BTW, you look GREAT!!!

Suzanne said...

YOu, look fat? Not a day in your life! You were the one who motivated all your companions to run with you in the mornings. Nobody could keep up with the Screaton.

And, if anyone would even slightly think of you as fat, remind them that that is a marathon t-shirt you are wearing, and you were pregnant when running, amazing!

How fun to have grandparents in town. Your kids have a great legacy before them to follow. And they are cute little guys too! I am so excited you are adding to your basketball team. Girls are over-rated (wink)... that, or you could just buy one like us. LOL.

The pic of Taylor w/ his dad is frameable, put it in black and white... priceless!