Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update on My BOYS

Jacob..... What a sweet boy. He started out with so much energy, and with his screaming and strong will I was about put over the edge; and that was BEFORE he started the biting stage. It's so nice to finally really enjoy being with him. I kind of have a crush on him. Look at that smile.


Tonight for some reason, he just started thinking of all the BOM stories he could. He told us about Abinidi and the evil King Noah. He told us that "Abinadi told King Noah he would die the same way." Then Jake looked at me and said directly and slowly, "by fire."

He then went on to tell how the "bad brothers tied up Nephi and the angel from God came and told them to stop choosing wrong and that their brother was choosing right."

And then on to "King Benjamin who was a really good king and gathered all the people to tell them to repent and do good like him."
Honestly, this kid is a sponge. He listens intently, and you only have to tell him once and he'll remember it weeks later. All those scripture stories he was telling us about was from his nursery and primary class. Our FHE lessons (90% of the time) are only about obedience and reverence (we haven't even come close to mastering those yet). So, it really surprised me when he went into all the details of BOM stories.

I had a parent teacher conference for him last week and she gave him a Good + (the only one that day) for his verbal skills. She said he is so sweet and very intelligent. She did say his speech varies though somedays it's "toeman" for snowman and "willy" instead of really. But, I still think that part is pretty cute. :)

Jake we love you and are so glad Heavenly father sent you to us. We are grateful you are our eldest son and that you can be (when making "good" choices) such a great example to younger brother.



Luke is a nut! He gets away with way too much. Taylor's dad has a theory that the 2nd child is always a ham, I'm not sure what the national statistic is on that, but it's 100% correct in our family.


Luke started talking at 10 months and was saying full sentences (3 or 4 words) at 1 year. I wouldn't say he was the most intelligent baby, but he could at least repeat ANYTHING you asked him to. It's pretty funny, cuz sometimes I feel like he talks worse now than he did a year ago. He just is never very coherent now. He is always making up songs with made up words, and he jabbers to himself all day. If you ask him a question, you'll usually get some ridiculous answer -- it's quite humorous.

In his prayers tonight everything had to be ended with "poo poo." For example, "I am thankful for church poo poo," "I am thankful for daddy poo poo" and then finally he just started saying poo poo poo poo. We really do try to teach him not to say "potty talk" but at the same time, it's so hard not to laugh!

He LOVEs to get his way. He LOVEs his brother. He LOVEs his daddy. He LOVEs to eat. We love him and his craziness, but we do need to start cracking down on his obedience. He knows what's right and 90% of the time chooses wrong. What is the deal with that? He has always been a sweet boy and very low maintenance, so maybe we trained him to misbehave to get attention. who knows.

Lately, Luke loves wrestling with Jake, but I always feel bad because Jake is so much bigger, and so often Luke will come running to me saying, "hold me" and "jake is hitting me" or "put Jake in time out, he hurt my feelings." We just realized today that he is the one dishing out all the "fun", but just can't take it on the other end... He's got a lot to learn. Actually, he's got it all figured out, we've been getting mad at Jake all this time when it was really Luke's fault. Maybe he's not so dumb. :)

Anyway, he is very fun and we guess we'll keep him around a little while longer. We love you Lukie.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

They are both SO cute, is it okay for me to have a crush on them? I have two girls who are just younger than them if you're looking for a double match in 20 years or so.

Bowen Family said...

Oh, they are such cute boys! My kids love seeing Jake and Luke! You and Taylor are such great parents. We are always in awe of the great things you do!

LACY said...

Wow your boys are soo smart!! Cute too!

Dehner Family said...

At least he's saying "poo-poo" - Remind me tomorrow to tell you what Morgan said today... There may be a "real" potty mouth at kids club or preschool...

Annie said...

I think you should start a tradition of updating on your kids each month, too! They are so cute and I have to say that I am DYING over the pic of Luke with his hands in his pockets. :) They are great boys and the reason why you have a crush on Jake, is b/c he looks like Taylor.

jeny said...

Your boys are adorable. I think boys are so much fun! What great pictures:)

Lindsay said...

Your boys are seriously darling! My 2nd is a ham too, so maybe it's true. And like Luke, Khi went through a phase of doing what was wrong just for the fun of it...the behavior has been improving over the past six months and I can see him now enjoying what is right. Phew! (He's 4 1/2...so just a couple more years to go with Luke.)

Lacey said...

It's totally true about the 2nd!! Kendyll is definitely the "ham" in our family. They are such good looking boys! Remember...I only got pregnant because Jake made me baby hungry holding him!