They could have chosen to go to warm, sunny, St. George with their cousins for their spring break, but instead they came here!!! My boys have been SOO excited for them to come. We are lucky to have such great family. It was too fast of a visit in my opinon.
My boys are not much of tourists, so they loved that the Nadaulds wanted to rent bikes and ride around the park. I forget how hilly the park is. When you are running you just slow down, but I actually had to walk my bike up one hill... I'm a wimp! We were going to take another fun picture by the park reservoir, but we realized Luke wasn't there. He had gone ahead and we all turned off. We thought he'd be a mess, but he was just waiting patiently by the hill that leads to our house until we caught up. Whew... I was a little nervous!
We were able to get tickets to the 9/11 memorial. I can't wait for the museum to open in May. It is a very cool place. My boys made us come home and watch the whole 9/11 documentary after seeing the memorial. It's good for them to see and understand and realize how devastating with was for the country. It's hard to imagine when you've never seen the place. So neat for all of us.
I stole this picture from Stacy, because I thought it was cool they were on the Today Show. Can you see Al Roker in the back? So famous!
Our First family Yankees game. Besides being a blow out... it wasn't a disappointment. Yummy treats and very entertaining fans.
There was about 4 Oriols fans sitting right in the mix of the Yankee bleacher fans (right by us). They were being VERY vocal when the O's did something great, and the security had to come up to protect them from the Yankees' fans. Yankee surrounding fans started whole cheers to yell at the "enemy fans." Not appropriate to repeat to anyone. :) VERY ENTERTAINING. Also, the couple behind us got engaged during the 5th inning.
If you look closely above, you can see the guy in the white shirt... He was one of the 4 other guys and the security is talking to him... FUNNY.
Taylor said as we said goodbye that it was the first time he has felt home sick. I know what he means! We love our people! It's been great, but it's hard being away too. I didn't realize the visitors would make us more home sick.. ugh!









No comments:
Post a Comment