Saturday, March 2, 2013

Violet Femmes!

Starting the month off right... In sunny St. George with some of the most fun and funniest girls around.  Lake to Lake 2013!
 So sad these pictures are blurry.  Jen and Katie (just had a baby might I add) were trying on outfits to see what we wanted to wear. Such a hoot. Skirts or Capris? The skirts won! 












Thank you Jen for organizing us.. She got the condo (awesome).  Shirts and all the decore to decorate the van and make headbands (thank you katie for sewing them all).

 At the start... we are rarin' to go!
 L2R: Katie (just had a baby), me, Kathryn, Jennifer, Nina, Tara
 One minor hiccup is that we left the key on and the radio blaring while we were waiting for our runner... oops  = dead battery.  Luckily the other teams are soo nice and some one quickly was able to jump us and we were off.. again. :)


 Katie finishing off her leg.. Did we mention she just had a baby!! she's amazing!

 A couple candid shots.  I didn't get many, but Katie made a SUPER cute video for us and we had a couples potluck to watch it.  It was "almost" as fun as the race.  These girls really are so fun to be around.  They keep me laughing. 

I always thought I was a big personality... I am shy compared to them!
L2R: Tara, Me, Nina.... this is when we thought we had another break, but realized we actually had to run in about 1 minute.  OOPS.. too much fun goofing off.
 The best part about our race is that we had an extra runner.  So -- we all kind of ran extra and everyone had some one to run with on every leg (for at least part of it).  Way more fun!!
 I have the best cheering section ALWAYS!!  My mom sister and nieces came to find us and follow us and cheer us.  THANK YOU!!  Made my runs so much more fun.
Kathryn, Jennifer, Katie (just had a baby) me, Nina, Tara
And we finished.  Not too shabby either.  5th overall.  The Violet Femmes rocked it!!
Best picture ever! funny that I look like a total brunette.  I really am not that dark compared to them.  They are all just blondies.  I almost didn't go down for the race.  I was feeling so crappy and had just had my second miscarriage.  I changed my mind the last second and am so glad.  I just love being out and about in the sun and hanging with all these cute girls.  Can't wait for next year... maybe I'll be the one that "just had a baby."  keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

lisa h. said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Glad u got to go have fun though.

MeganRuth said...

You look cute!