1 - I am thankful for one of my BEST friends, Nina. She is moving this next month, and I'm trying not to think about it. She is such a neat person with so much energy. She is a great mom (with 2 boys around the same age and just as crazy as my 2 boys), and she is a great example of a home-maker (if only my house could be half as organized as her's). She is a great listener, and gives great advise. She is very Christlike, and in so many ways I wish I could be just like her. She's been a faithful running partner for years (and can always whip me in sprints no matter how hard I train). I'm so sad she is leaving, but know we are friend forever and will always stay close. Thanks for being such a great friend NINA -- I can tell you how much you'll be missed.
2 - My yard -- We are getting new shutters and a new screen door this week and then I'll post before and after pictures of the house and yard with full effects. Taylor and I have spent many many many hours trying to fix it up. Taylor thinks I'm such a slave driver (and I have to admit, I am). Or is it normal to spend 16 hours on a saturday in the yard?? Week after Week, Year after Year. We've torn out bushes, cut down trees, raised and levelled our back yard by 2 inches. Planted flowers -- transplanted many shrubs/flowers and many hours of fertilizing, watering and mowing!! I think it's finally where we can just sit back and enjoy -- I can't believe it -- THanks Taylor for allowing me to be so obsesive and just working hard to please me! I love you.
3 - Swiming -- a new found love! Since my race I've been swiming 2 times a week and I absolutely love it. I have a friend who is a great swimmer and she has been trying to teach Nina and me a little technique. Nina Carolee and I try to get one night in together while our boys take swim lessons. Even Taylor's been going lately with us. It's so fun and so painless. I'm sure Megan will remember our swimming days at BYU and for your information -- I still have to wear a cap, goggles and the lovely NOSE PLUG everytime. It's pretty attractive. For anyone that is burnt out from running try swimming -- it's a GREAT workout and so fun!!
1 comment:
I did swimming for a little bit too. It really is a great workout! I love it too because you don't get so hot and sweaty!
Post a Comment