Thursday, November 24, 2016

Bar 10 Thanksgiving


We NEVER tire of going to Bar 10.  I wish we could go every year for Thanksgiving.  It's better than a family reunion, or maybe it IS a family reunion. :)

We started the day off with ranger rides to Pa's Pocket to eat lunch

 Here's the kids a little too close to the edge for my liking.
 We got the chance to show a cute Chinese student the Grand Canyon.  She came to America as an intern teacher from Su MaMa and the Chinese Club.  She was so sweet to have around.  It was fun showing her horses and the Arizona Strip and Grand Canyon for the first time.

 Cousin time is the best time.
 These boys are always out exploring and hunting when we are out at the Ranch.  It was the first time Jake had used a pellet gun. 
 Unfortunately, he was watching the pellets smash on the rocks and accidentally shot Grandma in the elbow.  EEK.  He will be taking hunter's safety ASAP.  And hopefully Grandma will forgive his idiocy.  We are lucky it was an arm and not an eye.  That would have been awful!

 Uncle Gavin leading the trail ride.  We are so lucky he is generous enough to come out there as much as we can.  We love the Bar 10.
 These big cousins are the best.  I was around when they were little, but I haven't been around as much through their growing up years.  Well, they have all grown up so well without me around!  I sure love each of them. L2R: Kason, Lindsay, Jessie, Preston, Lexi

 CHECK OUT THIS FEAST!  we did a lot of eating with a lot of food to choose from.
 And more eating and more food.
  This is how they all fell asleep.  All crashing in front of the fireplace after a long night of laughs and a full day of fun.

Just a shot of a really dirty cutie pie.

 Cute baby Drew.  Getting big.  This is the absolute worst time to be at the ranch because he is crawling and the floor is not that sanitary here.  But luckily we have so many fun older cousins that kept him happy the whole time.  Actually, I overheard my sister in law say, "AnnDee says he's super cranky, but I am not believing it."  AHHH, what if we are turning a corner and he becomes happy now?!  none the less, I will take any good behavior from this little dude that I can.

 Some beautiful shots during the ATV ride to the rim.



 Taylor took a group of boys down to the river.  The water was FREEZING, but it didn't keep them out.  Luke did eventually shed his clothing too.
 Jake getting ready to make a plunge.

 What happened to the boys?!  I think this picture is awesome. :) So typical of my life.  Never anything put away, but even more than that - ALWAY NAKED!! (PS - Lukes cloths, so there is proof he got in, or at least prepared to get in. )


I felt really bad for our cute Chinese friend, because Mimi did this as soon as we got home!!  eek.  I hope her plane ride back to China is not miserable!!

No comments: