Wednesday, June 17, 2015

SUMMER FUN!!


Schools out!!  As my kids have been singing all week... "the best day of school is the last day of school."  They say that, but I know they'll be ready to start again come August.  It's just so nice to have a break every once in a while!!!  

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE SUMMER IN THIS HOUSEHOLD.

 Jake went to 5th grade summer camp for three day this year.  He had "the best time of his life."  He wishes it was longer and ever summer.  He signed up to go with his buddy Kellan and they just had a great time with no parents.  I really missed him while he was gone.  It was weird to not talk to him for 3 days!!!  Glad he survived.
 
The first week school was out, we got to go to State High School Rodeo finals and watch Kaden and Cameron rope.  We made it our first summer vacation and we had so much fun with cousins.


 We hit the Provo beach resort and loved it.  They did flow-rider, the ropes course a couple games of bowling and of course laser tag!
 Nate Sam and Lily waiting while the big boys did flow-rider
 Nate was too small to do the ropes course alone, so cousin Kade took good care of him up there.


 The other boys had no worries at all... kind of concerning.
 Mimi didn't get to do a lot of things, but she sure loved the horsie ride on the carousal.

 While I was staying in Heber to see the fam and the rodeo.  Amber had the cutest baby ever!  You'd never know she just birthed a child.  But it really did make me baby hungry to hold this sweet doll.  Ivy is her name and she is sooooo cute!  Love the Dehners like my own.

 Super fun way to start the summer... Next we headed to St. George for a few days.
 Grandma fills a portable pool every year and the kids have a blast.  It gets so warm there that the pools are like hot tubs and are super fun all day/night long.  Mimi enjoyed the "filling" the pool up bit.
 My uncle Lonny has an orchard in Veyo and depending on the season you can pick all sorts of yummy fruits and veggies at his house.  We timed it just right to get in on some yummy cherry picking and brought the nadauld cousins with us.
 Best part about having Nadauld cousins in St. George is that we have more reasons to get down there.  Linc and Lindz bought sweet boat this year and the boys were plenty happy to try it out before we headed back home to Springville.

 Even mimi enjoyed the ride.

 Art City Days is always entertaining and we took the boys for family night to the carnival.  They hit plenty of rides in the 3 hours we were there and it was fun running into other kids in the neighborhood too.  We love where we live...

 New this year was taking Jake and Luke to a History Camp (kind of by Lehi) at Camp Floyd.  The boys thought it was the coolest thing ever and got drafted by the north and the south and learn all about the civil war.
 fortunately, we had some other boys in the neighborhood sign up, so I only had to drive ONE day.  It took about 45 minutes to get there.  Kind of annoying, but the boys want to do it again this year!
 Of course, it isn't summer without swim lessons.  Jake and Luke are beyond lessons, but I really wanted to get Nate a little stronger before we let him loose.  They always love the water and do great at swimming for their ages.  This year was no exception.  They had a blast.

 We got to be in the same class as our neighbor Beckam and it was perfect weather for swimming.
 Jake thought it would be fun to come watch, but just ended up on my phone the whole time! :O such is life.
 Best thing about our neighborhood is the NEW reservoir!  The boys got into a habit of leaving the house before 6 am to go fishing.  They caught close to 50 fish over the summer.  NOT BAD!  Taylor went a couple times, but mostly it was just them being boys and I love that they have that opportunity so close. 

 We spent many afternoons back at "The Res" swimming and playing the 8 man raft was a hit and we looked like quite the site driving the golf cart loaded with kids and equipment each day.
 Mimi is 10 months and super fun to have around.  She didn't eat the dirt - yay - and didn't want to crawl in the water.  She'd just sit by me and play in the sand.  Best buddy I have right now.
 We hit 7 peaks a few times this summer too and it was actually quite enjoyable.  I was worried about taking a baby, but it turned out great.
 I just couldn't go with friends very easily, but just my family and me did great when we were there.  Mimi would usually fall asleep while I held her in the wave pool, and then we'd just hang out while the boys ran around on the slides.  Sweet Success.
 Oh my goodness... do you just love that cheese face?  Pure delightment in her and her brothers everytime they are around her.
 Another summer and Another Jimmer Jam.  The boys thought it was pretty cool to play together and see Jimmer all day long.  He was nice and signed their gear and took pictures with them.

 These two boys are still best of buds.  Warms my heart. I hate hate when they fight, mostly because I don't ever want a rift between them.  They are so good for each other.
 Couple shots of Luke playing and his team.  They did so well, but lost out in the semi-finals.

 Jake's team won first place for the 2nd year in a row.  He was in heaven!

Between Games, we were able to swim at the rec center, because we can NEVER get enough water on us at the Nadauld Household.
 Getting used to having balls around at a young age.  Thanks for the extra hand Meems!

 These littles are TROOPERS.  They have attending SOOO many games in their lives, and the sad thing is that their older brothers will never have to go to so many boring games because they will be old enough to stay at home alone when the littles start really playing.  You have to hand it to the young siblings, they endure a lot when older siblings are over-involved.  Sure glad they are so sweet about it.


So,  I thought I might be pregnant and so I didn't sign up for any summer races.  But when it came down to the AF 1/2 weekend, I was trained and not expecting.  NINA was awesome and let me use Kyle's tag and we ran the whole race together.  She's the best running partner ever, because we have so much to talk about the time just flies.  I ran my fastest half to date and felt great. 1:40 I think.  Such a beautiful race and beautiful day.  I hope to do this one again some day!

Me and Tara found each other at the last stretch of the race and she gave me a little umph to finish strong.  Tara and the other running gals split up at the start.  Nina left me at the end and it was fun to finish strong with a friend and such a strong runner.  I sure love all my running friends!!

Yeah, that is really how I look and feel at the end of races, but for some reason I keep going back for more suffering!!!  So funny.

 It's the end of June and we are still hoping the pool will warm up a little, but it doesn't keep these cuties away.  They get in at least once a day to play!
 Not my best parenting moments when I find my babies on a hard floor somewhere crashed because no one will dress them or put them down for a nap!  But it was the cutest thing when I found her like this.  I picked her up and held her the rest of the nap. 

A couple Naomi pictures for entertainment purposes.  She is so funny when her brothers or anyone besides mom, dad, and Breckon try to hold her.  This was in church when Jake and Luke were trying to get her to sit on their laps.  I know, we lack reverence these days.


UM... I have a pretty funny video of the boys trying to use their pick up lines.  Click here for your entertainment: Sweet Pick up lines

No comments: