Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter Break part 2

We tried to hit one off-broadway this week.  I thought the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe would be fun.  The boys liked it.  Totally not a Broadway play, but still really interesting.  There were only 2 actors and they re-enacted the whole thing sort of as a story telling play.
As we walked out of the play it started DOWN POURING on us.  We took refuge in St. Luke's Cathedral.  The Pastor was very nice and showed us around.  Cool Building.  Good for my kids to see these types of churches.  

 We are sick of the cold and hit an indoor waterpark in Jersey today!  It was great fun for the boys.  A little ghetto when you are used to Kalahari and Great Wolf Lodge, but it did the trick.  Their slogan is where it's 84 degrees and Sunny every day! I'm usually a 95 degrees and Sunny, but I'll take that right now.
 A little fun while we were waiting in line for pictures... Sahara Sam's here we come!

 When did I get such big kids... they are growing up!  Below is a picture of us at Kalahari (our first indoor waterpark experience.) 6 years ago.

 Nate the goggle man!
 Family TUBE run... always fun.
 Throw Back - above is Sam and Nate, below is Jake and Luke. Basically the same ages.

The best part for Jake and Luke was the Flow Rider.  They were pros... This is a video of their first tries, they got pretty good by the end of the day!  Here is Luke, I can't upload Jake's for some reason.

here is Taylor
 
 We ended our day at the waterpark with a yummy meal at Golden Corral.  It might just be my favorite family place because you never have to tell your kids no.  Even when they eat 3 cotton candies a piece!
 Saturday FINALLY warmed up and it was a no coat day.  I realized on our walk to the Intrepid Ship that my big boys were all in stripes.  Cute Kids!
 Fun cardinal picture at sports day at the museum.
 I guess we wore them out this week, because all but Jake were out during sacrament meeting on Sunday.  I love the Sundays they do this.  Makes my sacrament meeting much more enjoyable!

4 comments:

Bowen Family said...

They are so cute AnnDee! I love those kinds of indoor waterparks - too bad they don't really have them here in Utah. I love the last picture with all the boys asleep - so cute!

MeganRuth said...

Seeing them zonked out is awesome! I do love the past and present water park pics. Absolutely awesome!

riggy said...

AnnDee I am having so much fun seeing all the fun you are having while living there! That last picture is the greatest ever! I love it! So wish I could make a trip out to see you! I love it there!! Enjoy your time! You guys will always remember that time!

riggy said...

This is Lacey by the way! :)