Thursday, August 1, 2013

Girls Camp 2013

 That's right... this IS what happens at camp.  On the last day, the leaders gave the girls a "spa day."  Not like camp when I was a youth for sure.  But still a lot of fun.

 I was lucky enough to have a husband who wants me to get to know the girls on this kind of level, and he watched the kids for a couple days.  My mom is the best and drove up to watch the kids for a couple days too.  I was so happy to be there.  The whole week was awesome.
 My favorite memory of camp was this picture of all the girls sitting around.  They all just started singing and it sounded awesome.  They sand all sorts of childrens hymns and regular hymns.  It was beautiful and the spirit was so strong.  I love when things turn out so awesome and they weren't even planned. If we told the kids to  do this, it never would have turned out so powerful... for sure!
 We leaders of course, had to do our version of the harlem shake before the last fireside.  I'm bummed the picture is blurry, because there were some SWEET costumes.
 The best part of camp was getting to hang out with these awesome ladies all week.  I love my calling!!  They are all so inspirational and fun.  Camp was a hit for sure. "I will"

No comments: