So for president's day we went to Heber and met the Dehners for an adult sleepover! They are always up for fun and I LOVE it. :)
This arrangement lasted about 5 minutes and all of the Dehners came upstairs to sleep with their parents and my boys all went to their own beds. It was a fun thought though...
The dads can be entertained at all times if a ball is near!
By the time we finished getting ready... I was pooped. I was ready to go home. Below is Taylor trying to help ME get my boots on. They were frozen, and I swear it took me longer to get them on that it did to help the kids.
But -- we finally succeeded and started up the mountain... and it's official, we are finally a total family that SKIIS!
Taylor went to get the boys new gear this year and just ended up getting sam and nate outfitted as well. We figure, they ski for free, so a babysitter is more expensive than just buying them their own stuff. We'll see. It was fun to take them, but took SOOO much time just to get all geared up and ready to ski that I was about done in, before we even started.The nice thing this year is that you can see the parking lot from the new lift. So, we let the little kids watch a movie in the car after a couple hours and Taylor and I just took turns skiing with the bigs.
I love this picture... it makes me so happy to be surrounded by boys. I love it! Sometimes I forget I really want a girl too. :)
We came up with a genius idea to buy dog harnesses for the little boys and then to keep them on a leash while they ski. It works surprisingly well. They are good for about 2 hours and then they are ready to be done. It's a start.
A couple nights ago -- Rob texted Taylor and asked if he wanted to play hookie and ski for the morning. I asked Taylor if the wives could join in... and reluctantly, they agreed. :) I love the Franks and was so excited to have a double date with Rob and Jenn.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day. I just kept saying how much fun I was having and I just kept saying how easy and how fun it was without kids. Apparently, everyone got the idea, that I was having fun without the kids... and Rob finally commented that it was starting to sound like I didn't really like my kids! hahah I just didn't realize how much work they were until I went without them. It was a super fun date and I can't wait to go again!









No comments:
Post a Comment