Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Fun

lj
 We always start the summer off with Swim Lessons.  My friend has a pool and does a great job at teaching.  It's right in our neighborhood and the moms and siblings can go sit in the shade while they swim. 

Sam started swim lessons this year... he's pretty good at swimming, just forgets to take a breath. :)


 So I think these might be the best pictures ever!  Mike Dehner is so active and has been doing triathlons and races... so, Taylor finally decided to go on a real bike ride... about 3 miles or so. :)  But the outfit made the exercise ALL worth it.  Good thing I already put a ring on "that" Taylor ... the ladies would be after you if they could see this!


 I am DYING and I still have 3 miles left.  Jake wanted to run with me, and he kept saying, "mom... this is so boring, why are you walking!!"


 But!!  I finished, and I'm always happy when I finish a race, no matter the time.  4:19 and a bunch of uphill wind!!  I'll tell myself that me partying in San Fran and having a chest cold made for a less than idea run.  Truthfully, it was a hard race.  The winner this year ran 15 minutes slower than last year.  The wind really took it out of me.... that's why I was so slow, right??
 Thanks to this beautiful lady, I at least finished!  Heidi is such a rockstar.  She came and ran the last 8 with me and just kept positive and went my pace.  The other girls I started with, got sick and bowed out... at leas I finished right??? I have to keep telling myself that or else I will cry at my time. :(
 I have the best family in the world!  They are so supportive and I was so embarrassed they came and waited so long for me... I wish I could rock all the races like everyone else I see, but I am grateful I have a fan club. Most my friends families just stay home and it means a lot to have them here for me--even if I feel bad it was not a good race.
 The boys with all their tools.. I had to make-shift a tool belt for Luke Sam and Nate because Jake commandeered the real one.  I love watching them work/play together. 





when we have the neighbors over and get bored... we pull out the
slip n slide.  It was so hot that in just 30 minutes it burned our grass... crazy.

 Some fun with Lily ... We love this girl.  Her and Nate are just a few months apart... NATE -- why aren't you a girl?  you've got the eyelashes for it! I guess I'll just have to claim lily as mine and raise them as twins.. That is my dream you know -- to have twins.  I'll keep on wishin'

No comments: