Saturday, October 31, 2009

Exercise before the Candy

Halloween day was so nice, we decided to take the boys to hike the "Y."  I think I was in better shape in college, because it was a lot harder than I remembered!!! 
The boys walked the whole thing themselves and although Luke was ready to just sit and wait for us to come back a few times, we convinced him to keep going.
  
These rest breaks happened every 30 seconds or so.  Luckily I could blame my own desire to take a break on the kids -- arg, I need to get into shape!!
But, we did it -- we made it to the top and watched 2 people sky dive, or wind sail or whatever you call it with big parachutes and seats, take off and head down the valley.  It was pretty entertaining.
Sam even got exhausted - what effort on his part. :)


1 comment:

The Keetch Family said...

I don't think I have ever hiked the Y! Where was I on hike the Y day my freshman year???? I love hiking with my kids. Getting them outdoors with no where to go but up and being together!